We usually tape Mondays (except the first Monday of the month) from 4:30P-7:30P. Occasionally we record on different days but
at the same time. See booking schedule.
4:30P-5:30P: Load in and setup
5:00P: Roger Zee arrives
5:30P-6:00P: Sound check
6:00P-7:30P: The artist tapes TWO separate, 27 minute shows which will air at a later date.
Each show allows for about 20 minutes of ORIGINAL music performance.
White Plains Cable Access Studio 914-422-1419
4 Martine Ave. White Plains, NY 10606
- On Martine Avenue, turn left at the first light after S. Lexington onto Bank St.
- At the first light on Bank St., make another left into the Mercedes Benz Dealership.
- Drive all the way to the back (passing the parking garage on the left, and the dealership on the right).
- Follow the driveway to the left and down.
- Stop near the end at the ticket booth on the left (dumpsters on the right). Sign says entry
to 4 Martine Ave. Press chrome intercom button and say you're here for the Cable Station. Park on level C.
Getting from the garage to the studio will definitely deliver a Spinal Tap moment!
QUESTIONS TO PREPARE
- Which three cds would you bring to a desert island?
- Who, living or dead (other than current group members), would play in your dream band(s)?
- Which songs inspired you to become a musician?
- Let us know ahead of time how many musicians will perform and what instruments they will play.
- We will record TWO separate 27 minute shows.
- Prepare 18-20 minutes of ORIGINAL MATERIAL (no covers) for each 27 minute show.
- Eat before you come. There will be no dinner break.
- The studio contains NO EQUIPMENT except for lapel mics.
- Solo vocal/acoustic guitarists do not need to bring a PA or mic. Just make sure your guitar has a line out.
- Groups must provide their own PA and mixing board.
- Electronic instruments should have a line output for mixing.
- During the sound check, we will tape a song and have you sign off on the mix.
- We have no live studio audience. Feel free to bring up to TEN people.
- Bring in a copy of your CD or DVD with no plastic wrap to present on camera.
- Email a high resolution JPG or GIF image of your CD or DVD to studio@WhitePlainsNY.gov
- Feel free to call studio prior to the production to coordinate and ask questions.
WHAT TO WEAR
- GOOD: Shades and colors that contrast with skin and hair color.
- BAD: whites, blacks, saturated colors, tight plaids, and tight herringbone patterns.
- $20.00 for two, 27 minute shows.
- Rip the live performances from the DVD and post on YouTube.com!